Greetings to all of you! A quick update on what’s happening at our Club.
It seems we have shrugged off our covid fatigue and we are now ready to play squash again!
We are pleased to confirm that we have 13 league sides in total confirmed for the 2022 season. Among these we, have 3 masters league sides entering a new WP Masters format which includes doubles matches. Last but not least, we are very excited about our Ladies league team; we are optimistic they are going to perform exceptionally well this year.
Unfortunately this does mean our courts will be very busy come 5 April (start of league).
If you struggle to find courts over peak time, please understand that league takes precedence during the season. Please join our social squash options wherever possible, or try to play during off-peak times. Morning courts are generally always available.
We wish all our league players a competitive and fun season. Go Durbanville!
MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL 2022
- By the time you read this, we will have more than 300 paid up members which makes us one of the biggest squash clubs in SA.
- We are signing up approximately 10 – 15 new members per month.
NOTE: We are aware of the potential bottleneck at peak times (16h15 – 20h00) when it may become challenging to book courts. To alleviate this, and especially to be fair to full paying members, we have extended the booking lead time to 10 days for such members. We have also restricted Juniors and (new) Seniors to playing off-peak unless they are league players. However, we have noted the unfortunate occurrence of courts being booked but not taken up over peak time. This is not playing the game, so we might need to consider disabling Auto Lights, reverting to manual court activation at the computer, and charging a penalty of R50 for no-shows. A decision on this matter will be taken at our committee meeting on 04 April. We welcome your comments.
MARKETING / SPONSORSHIPS
Some newsworthy items from a marketing / sponsorship perspective:
- All court door advertising is taken up and we are busy preparing the door decals – thank you for the amazing response!
- We are making progress with the foyer and stairwell revamp with an exciting new sponsor. Watch this space!
- We still have two courts available for sponsorship of the Court Clocks. The sponsorship of the clock is for its lifetime.
- All major maintenance to our courts have been completed, in time to welcome our opposition.
- The addition of fans on every court has certainly made a difference, thank you Shaun!
Here’s to wishing all our members well, to play great squash, and above all, to have lots of fun!
Charmaine van Niekerk
Members are always welcome to email me directly should you have any concerns or complaints (or compliments) about anything to do with Durbanville Squash Club.