about durbanville squash club
The Durbanville squash club complex is situated 27 km from the Cape Town CBD, just off the N1 highway and is very easily accessible. Durbanville lies in the beautiful Cape countryside with several top wine estates surrounding it.The club is situated approximately 8 min from Tyger Valley Shopping Centre.
Durbanville Squash Club offers excellent facilities:
- The club complies to International Lighting Standards
- The club has five courts: The main court includes a glass back and seating for at least 120 spectators. A further 30 standing spectators can be accomodated behind a glass window, as well as an additional 15 spectators on the side of the court on a balcony. In total, court 1 can offer a 165 spectator event.
- The club has facilities to take live play with TV camera to project direct on two smaller TV’s and big screen, which then gives a further +- 60 spectators view of play. A PA system is available.
- All other courts have sufficient spectator space from the balcony.
- The club has recently undergone a complete “facelift” with the outside and inside having been repainted, all court floors sanded & repainted. The clubhouse has also been refitted with new carpets.
- The club has a large bar and entertainment area. (Approximately 100 people can be seated at tables for functions.)
- The club offers a fully fitted kitchen with stove, microwave and fridges with serving hatches.
- The club has a sauna.
- The club has an on site Pro-Shop with restringing equipment.
Durbanville Squash Club has previously staged the following tournaments:
- Internationals between SA vs Wales and SA vs Netherlands
- Fourth World Deaf Squash Championships (2007)
- Several Western Province Open Tournaments
- As one of the two biggest clubs in WP, DBV participates in ladies, men’s and Masters leagues.